Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Usability and U...  Question UI controls.
Previous Previous

Next Disabled
New Post 12/18/2017 12:35 PM
User is offline Pilfro
2 posts
No Ranking

Question UI controls. 

I'm looking for the best way to spec a a UI when a  menu selection changes the available fields on the UI.

For example choose a state menu with 20 states.

Each state may load its own set of control and text fields.

I know I can show the change when creating multiple mockups in balsamiq in a presentation/PDF but I'm wondering if there is an cleaner way especially since this is going right a developer. I'm very new and don't have a lot of guidance on this. I'm just wondering if there is a standard way of showing changes to the UI. 

New Post 12/21/2017 9:23 PM
User is offline Kimbo
437 posts
5th Level Poster

Re: Question UI controls. 

Hi Pilfro

I'd do it in Balsamiq. You can make Balsamiq dynamic by using states or something i.e. you spec a UI for each state and then have a controller on a button or whatever to show the fields for each different state. So the developers can see each screen by clicking the state changing thing.

Kimbo

New Post 1/8/2018 7:37 AM
User is offline Pilfro
2 posts
No Ranking

Re: Question UI controls. 

Thank you,

I did end up doing that with balsamiq. I Highlighted the changes when the state changed etc.

Thanks!

Previous Previous

Next Disabled
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Usability and U...  Question UI controls.

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Ann P
Ann P
What’s the difference between ECBA CCBA and CBAP Certification? Which certification should I pursue ECBA CCBA or CBAP? How do I know which certification is right/suited for me? There are so many certifications I am completely confused which one to pursue? Can you please guide me on which certification should I go for?   These are s...
1 Responses
Simona from Minit
Simona from Minit
Process mapping vs. process discovery is akin to perceived reality vs. reality; the former rooted in subjectivity, the latter rooted in verifiable data. Elements of process mapping creep into process discovery, restricting an absolute dichotomy between the two. However, the critical differentiator between mapping and discovery lies in the distincti...
0 Responses
Byy
Byy
What is Workflow Automation? As we are in a digital age, automation is everywhere in everyday activities and surroundings. This digital transformation impacts the value chain, the product/services portfolio, development and engineering, all the way to distribution, sales channels and customer relationships. Workflow automation replaces manual...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

Practical Approach To Elicit Requirements Successfully
Sep 16, 2018
0 Comments
Project statistics state that most project rework/failure is due to incomplete/improper/unclear requirements, hence the role the Business Analyst beco...
Featured Digital Library Resources 
Copyright 2006-2018 by Modern Analyst Media LLC