Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Requirements  Splitting User Stories
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 11/21/2016 3:27 AM
User is offline Aaron
1 posts
No Ranking

Splitting User Stories 

Hi all, 

I keep encountering a recurring issue when developing user stories from Epics that the business have devised. 

I come up with a number of stories which capture the requirements of the system users and present them to the development team. At this point we review them along with the acceptance criteria and discuss INVEST and potential solutions. 

However. when we move onto the sizing a number of them come back as being too large and I'm asked to further split the stories. Every time I have had this issue it seems that what the developers want is for me to split them into tasks  for them. 

Has anyone else come across this problem? If so, how do you manage it?

Thanks, 

Aaron

New Post 3/3/2017 5:06 AM
User is offline sutnarcha
7 posts
10th Level Poster

Re: Splitting User Stories 

In my opinion, as long as your stories are sized to be started, developed and completed involving Dev & Test within one sprint cycle, they are good from a BA perspective.

Dividing them into tasks is Not a BA responsibility.

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Requirements  Splitting User Stories

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Sanjay Yadav
Sanjay Yadav
 Challenges in Implementation:     I’m a strong believer of putting finishing touch to any initiative. Project Initiation is always tough and complex and need lots of research but if BA is unable to give the finishing touch then he is not done yet. So, I thought to put few of my views, challenges and observations during...
1 Responses
Surbhi Mahnot
Surbhi Mahnot
All professionals talk about identifying business needs, identifying requirements to create tools so that they can help businesses take better decisions. In your career as an IT professional, I am sure at some point you must have heard terms such as “Requirements”, “Business Requirements”, “Software Requirements”...
0 Responses
Edward
Edward
A few weeks ago, one of my colleagues surprised me with a statement he made during our team meeting that the information technology age is coming to an end. I looked at him in complete disbelief. How can the advances that have brought so much convenience to our lives be said to be coming to an end.  I thought he must be mistaken, and just like...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

5 Tips for Success with Packaged Solution Requirements
Mar 29, 2017
0 Comments
A common challenge of enterprise Business Analysts is the discovery, understanding, and description of requirements in the context of implementing pac...
Featured Digital Library Resources 
Copyright 2006-2015 by Modern Analyst Media LLC