Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Vertical Domain...  Want to change career as Business Analyst
Previous Previous

Next Disabled
New Post 7/9/2017 1:57 AM
User is offline Vishant
1 posts
No Ranking

Want to change career as Business Analyst 

Hi All,,

I don't know , Is it right place to ask this question or not..but I have 8 years of experience in Industrial Automation mostly in PLC Programming, Commissioning and Project coordination, Project Engineer (mostly in Manufacturing field.. like Machine mfgs, OEMs etc..) I want to change my career as Business Analyst .. Can any one tell me is it possible ..? what are the requirements for that..? I  am learning SAS, R form one of the institute ..

Can anyone guide me for that..?

Thanks

New Post 7/9/2017 9:50 AM
User is offline Adrian M.
717 posts
3rd Level Poster

Re: Want to change career as Business Analyst 

Hi Vishant,

Welcome to the Modern Analyst Community!

Of course it's possible to switch careers to a business/systems analyst as you have a background in structured thinking, engineering, project coordination.

I would say that the best way to get started is to take an in-person course  on Introduction to Business Analysis.

Adrian

Adrian Marchis
Business Analyst Community Blog - Post your thoughts!

New Post 7/14/2017 2:52 AM
User is offline Kimbo
410 posts
5th Level Poster

Re: Want to change career as Business Analyst 

Hi Vishant

If you're looking at R perhaps you should also explore data science as a career change as well

Kimbo

Previous Previous

Next Disabled
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Vertical Domain...  Want to change career as Business Analyst

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Bert Wagner
Bert Wagner
It’s 4:30 pm on Friday and Mr. Manager comes along to tell you that he needs you to run some important ad-hoc analysis for him. Previously this meant having to stay late at the office, writing cumbersome queries to extract business information from transactional data. Lucky for you, you’ve recently started using Temporal Tables in SQL...
0 Responses
Ronak Sanghavi
Ronak Sanghavi
Current State For many years now, the most commonly used metaphor on Business Analysis has been the “Bridge”. However, in recent past, some in the BA community have started revisiting the metaphor resulting in a debate on how relevant it is. Of course, the value business analysis can provide for an organization does not depend on how i...
0 Responses
SarikaA
SarikaA
Pega systems(Software Company) is the leading provider of business process management (BPM) and customer relationship management (CRM) software solutions. Pega systems motto is “Build For Change” and their goal is to “eliminate software coding” and “automate manual work”. Pega systems has bee...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

Getting the Job Without Previous Domain Experience
Jul 23, 2017
1 Comments
Trying to secure a business analyst job interview in an area in which you don’t have prior experience can be a huge challenge. It’s common...
Featured Digital Library Resources 
Copyright 2006-2015 by Modern Analyst Media LLC