Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Software for An...  What types of software tools do you use?
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 5/26/2017 6:55 AM
User is offline davier
1 posts
No Ranking

Re: What types of software tools do you use? 

Hi,

I am new to this forum, so I may not follow completely the standard way of doing analysis here. However, I do think something I have to say is interesting.

New Post 7/30/2017 11:33 PM
User is offline Kohen Puckett
3 posts
No Ranking

dRe: What types of software tools do you use? 
Modified By Chris Adams  on 7/31/2017 11:49:06 AM)

Hello guys, The most important tool which I use in my day to day business analysis is eWay-CRM. It helps me to grow my business. Easily manage leads, projects and Customer management. It is really the best tool for small and medium business enterprises.

New Post 9/18/2019 5:22 AM
User is offline Steven Robin
1 posts
No Ranking

Adrian M. wrote

I am wondering what type of software tools do you use (or used) in your day to day role as analyst (anything from Notepad to Rational Rose)?

Here are some that I use:

• SOFTWARE: MS World, PURPOSE: Functional Specifications, Requirements Documents, Vision Document, Business Case.
  • SOFTWARE: MS Excel, PURPOSE: Capacity planning, Traceability, Data Analysis.
  • SOFTWARE: MS Visio, PURPOSE: Process Models, Use Case Models, Domain Models (Class Diagram), Sequence Diagrams.
  • SOFTWARE: ErWin, PURPOSE: Entity Relationship Diagrams.
  • SOFTWARE: MS PowerPoint, PURPOSE: Present of problem statements, Present possible solutions, etc.
  • SOFTWARE: Visual Studio Web Edition, PURPOSE: UI Mockups, Prototypes

- Adrian

that was great list of types of software but there are some most common application software which are using nowadays. here are some most common software mentioned below:

Word processing software: Tools that are used to create word sheets and type documents etc.

Example: Microsoft Word, WordPad, AppleWorks and Notepad

Spreadsheet software: Software used to compute quantitative data.

Example: Apple Numbers, Microsoft Excel and Quattro Pro

Database software: Used to store data and sort information.

Oracle, MS Access and FileMaker Pro

Application Suites: A collection of related programs sold as a package.

Example: OpenOffice, Microsoft Office

Multimedia software: Tools used for a mixture of audio, video, image and text content.

Example: Real Player, Media Player

Communication Software: Tools that connect systems and allow text, audio, and video-based communication.

Example: MS NetMeeting, IRC, ICQ

Internet Browsers: Used to access and view websites.

Example: Netscape Navigator, MS Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome

Email Programs: Software used for emailing.

Example: Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Apple Mail

I read this information on GoodCore Blog

New Post 9/25/2019 6:39 AM
User is offline Usman_chiefoftheglen
9 posts
10th Level Poster

Adding JIRA and Trello here since they are really useful for a BA

New Post 1/21/2020 1:36 AM
User is offline minati biswal
1 posts
No Ranking

Modified By Chris Adams  on 1/21/2020 11:31:45 AM)
Tool type
Program analysis tools-Cross reference generators, static analysers, dynamic analysers
Testing tools-Test data generators, file comparators

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Software for An...  What types of software tools do you use?

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Nick Stowers
Nick Stowers
Introduction   When I was introduced to scrum, the burndown chart was a tool that was highly emphasised however I feel the purpose has changed from it being a tool to predict (to a certain level) timescales for delivery to a tool that measures a team’s productivity…..in other words, the focus is on the number of points cleared w...
0 Responses
Jason White
Jason White
New technology is in trend every day and striving to make its mark to be the best. It is not optional to stay exceptional, technology has made lives easy and uncluttered in so many ways that cannot be comprehended. With the latest technologies in the headlines every day, it is Artificial intelligence that is leading the race and being incorporated ...
0 Responses
Digvijaybook
Digvijaybook
The role of a business analyst is to manufacture a piece of art; the piece of art varies depending upon the methodology and techniques being used. Business analyst serves the project all through the beginning until the end and comes up with different pieces of art. It all depends on the case, the business analyst gets involved from the beginning of...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

A Practical Guide to Transition from Waterfall to Agile
May 25, 2020
0 Comments
The transition from Waterfall to Agile is never easy – especially for a business analyst who must go through this journey. This document has com...
Copyright 2006-2020 by Modern Analyst Media LLC