Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Software for An...  What types of software tools do you use?
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 5/26/2017 6:55 AM
User is offline davier
1 posts
No Ranking

Re: What types of software tools do you use? 

Hi,

I am new to this forum, so I may not follow completely the standard way of doing analysis here. However, I do think something I have to say is interesting.

New Post 7/30/2017 11:33 PM
User is offline Kohen Puckett
3 posts
No Ranking

dRe: What types of software tools do you use? 
Modified By Chris Adams  on 7/31/2017 11:49:06 AM)

Hello guys, The most important tool which I use in my day to day business analysis is eWay-CRM. It helps me to grow my business. Easily manage leads, projects and Customer management. It is really the best tool for small and medium business enterprises.

New Post 9/18/2019 5:22 AM
User is offline Steven Robin
1 posts
No Ranking

Adrian M. wrote

I am wondering what type of software tools do you use (or used) in your day to day role as analyst (anything from Notepad to Rational Rose)?

Here are some that I use:

• SOFTWARE: MS World, PURPOSE: Functional Specifications, Requirements Documents, Vision Document, Business Case.
  • SOFTWARE: MS Excel, PURPOSE: Capacity planning, Traceability, Data Analysis.
  • SOFTWARE: MS Visio, PURPOSE: Process Models, Use Case Models, Domain Models (Class Diagram), Sequence Diagrams.
  • SOFTWARE: ErWin, PURPOSE: Entity Relationship Diagrams.
  • SOFTWARE: MS PowerPoint, PURPOSE: Present of problem statements, Present possible solutions, etc.
  • SOFTWARE: Visual Studio Web Edition, PURPOSE: UI Mockups, Prototypes

- Adrian

that was great list of types of software but there are some most common application software which are using nowadays. here are some most common software mentioned below:

Word processing software: Tools that are used to create word sheets and type documents etc.

Example: Microsoft Word, WordPad, AppleWorks and Notepad

Spreadsheet software: Software used to compute quantitative data.

Example: Apple Numbers, Microsoft Excel and Quattro Pro

Database software: Used to store data and sort information.

Oracle, MS Access and FileMaker Pro

Application Suites: A collection of related programs sold as a package.

Example: OpenOffice, Microsoft Office

Multimedia software: Tools used for a mixture of audio, video, image and text content.

Example: Real Player, Media Player

Communication Software: Tools that connect systems and allow text, audio, and video-based communication.

Example: MS NetMeeting, IRC, ICQ

Internet Browsers: Used to access and view websites.

Example: Netscape Navigator, MS Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome

Email Programs: Software used for emailing.

Example: Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Apple Mail

I read this information on GoodCore Blog

New Post 9/25/2019 6:39 AM
User is offline Usman_chiefoftheglen
6 posts
10th Level Poster

Adding JIRA and Trello here since they are really useful for a BA

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Software for An...  What types of software tools do you use?

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Samuel02
Samuel02
With the advent of modern-day cloud infrastructure, many business-critical applications like databases, ERPs, Marketing applications have all moved to the cloud. With this, most of the business-critical data now reside in the cloud. Now that all the business data resides on the cloud, companies need a data warehouse that can seamlessly store the da...
2 Responses
BPM_online
BPM_online
Bpm'online, a global business software company leading in the space of low-code, process automation, and CRM, will be soon announcing their new company name. The new name will be launched in the sky via a breathtaking skydiving performance involving 160 bpm’online employees, including the CEO. The new name of bpm’online is to be fo...
0 Responses
Heta Raval
Heta Raval
In a current scenario, when you are eliciting software service-based requirements then, you may be able to derive requirements in certain varieties. In the beginning, they can be just functional or non-functional requirements. But when you come across many other requirements as time goes, you can conclude requirements into several categories and wi...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

What’s Missing from Agile?
Oct 20, 2019
0 Comments
John Seddon launches an attack on the value of Agile as practiced and charts a better way to analyse and design for improvement, making information te...
Copyright 2006-2019 by Modern Analyst Media LLC