Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  General  Career guidance in BA after 3 years experience
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 6/9/2015 1:21 PM
User is offline Amit
2 posts
No Ranking

Career guidance in BA after 3 years experience 
Modified By Chris Adams  on 6/9/2015 11:27:27 PM)

Hi All, 

I am Amit and I have 3 years experience in Business Analyst role (not any specific domain) I am looking for a Job switch and wanted to move to a specific domain Insurance / Banking & finance. but confused how to move into these domain and settle a career for long run in this. 

Can someone suggest me how to proceed ahead ? 

you can also reply me on my email - [email protected]

New Post 6/11/2015 1:32 PM
User is offline NitWitNick
259 posts
5th Level Poster

Re: Career guidance in BA after 3 years experience 

Send your resume off to the banks ... or other financial places ... Here is an Example, First Citizens Bank:

"Basic Qualifications: Associates degree with a minimum of 2 years experience in banking or finance required."

http://jobs.firstcitizens.com/job/Raleigh-Currency-Management-Business-Analyst-Job-NC-27601/264922900/?feedId=223&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=FirstCitizens_Sponsored&sponsored=ppc

New Post 6/13/2015 3:21 AM
User is offline Amit
2 posts
No Ranking

Re: Career guidance in BA after 3 years experience 

Thanks for the response & suggestions

I do reside in INDIA and post my resume to leading job portals here. Even I am getting calls from the companies but they are the same (Small enterprises) in which no specific business domain works. They just take the projects to run their business. 

Well I was also thinking for some courses like CBAP and AINS24. If I go with CBAP then this would be best option because i will be recognized with this. 

What do you suggests ?

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  General  Career guidance in BA after 3 years experience

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Rajesh-N
Rajesh-N
What Everyone Must Know about AI in Testing Artificial Intelligence is the buzzword that we frequently keep hearing. Its widespread popularity and influence can be understood from the way industries adopting AI in their organization. Whether it’s Healthcare, Automobile, Banking & Financial Services, or Airlines, many industries have st...
0 Responses
Ashish Adike
Ashish Adike
As a Business Analyst, very often we get into a situation where the Project requires multiple IT Products to be evaluated before implementation and might seek Business Analyst’s recommendation for the same. With the ever-growing range of Products in the market and the marketing promotions associated with some of the products, it’s very ...
0 Responses
m_anst
m_anst
What Does Success Look Like? I challenge Business Analysts to view requestors’ requirements as an opportunity to define success. Too often, teams fall into a trap focused on requestors’ prescriptive requirements that are meant to serve as roadmaps for developers and testers. When you limit your view of requirements to this prescripti...
0 Responses

Latest Articles

The Art of Letting Stakeholders Have Your Way
Nov 23, 2020
0 Comments
Study after study in behavioral science show that certain approaches are more effective than others when we’re trying to convince others to see ...
Copyright 2006-2020 by Modern Analyst Media LLC