Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Requirements  Explaining your job to your mother
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 6/23/2011 4:58 AM
User is offline Craig Brown
560 posts
www.betterprojects.net
4th Level Poster

Explaining your job to your mother 

Hey people,

I was just reading this article on managing requirements and thought "I could send this to my mother to explain my job."  Does anyone have similar papers or articles hey use when explaining their job to others?

New Post 6/23/2011 8:28 AM
User is offline David Wright
141 posts
www.iag.biz
7th Level Poster

Re: Explaining your job to your mother 

Interesting, because I got this one from the twitterverse just a few days ago, for which I thought the same thing: 

Six Secrets of Top-Notch Business Analysts at CIO.com 

http://www.cio.com/article/367363/Six_Secrets_of_Top_Notch_Business_Analysts?page=1&taxonomyId=3198

David Wright

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Requirements  Explaining your job to your mother

Community Blog - Latest Posts

The cloud-native application development has helped enterprises all around the globe reduce time-to-market, enhance performance, and develop agility and flexibility. Several enterprises are achieving these results by migrating their systems or traditional monolithic applications to the cloud. But to gain from the real benefits of cloud technology, ...
So you’ve found the perfect time and place to study and you’re ready to finally get some work done. You’ve pulled out your laptop, your textbook, and your notes, and four different highlighters. After five minutes of reading your textbook, you start zoning out and thinking about puppies. Then, you go on Tumblr and look at cut...
Elicitation involves bringing out or drawing out information. Elicitation is a key task in business analysis as without proper elicitation the requirements for the solution to the business needs cannot be identified. 1. Not understanding underlying business need Organization’s business environment keeps changing with respect to Customer...

Copyright 2006-2021 by Modern Analyst Media LLC