Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  ModernAnalyst.c...  Community & Por...  PMI Announces its BA Certification
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 4/21/2014 1:41 PM
User is offline Jscott
3 posts
No Ranking

Re: PMI Announces its BA Certification 

A lot of companies don't yet understand the concept of the business analyst and/or how BAs can benefit an organization when rolled out properly (I say this based on the numerious BA position postings).  If the BA communitiy is ever going to be taken more seriously in our own right, then we require a solid unified professional front.  PMI is synomous with PMs.  IIBA is synomous with BAs.  This is very confusing and a little fusterating.

New Post 4/30/2014 7:34 PM
User is offline Mike
1 posts
No Ranking

Modified By Chris Adams  on 5/1/2014 10:58:33 AM)

In case it helps to clarify, PMI has a “Knowledge Center of Excellence” web site.  They also have plans for a business analysis practice guide (coming later in 2014), and a new requirements management practice standard (coming in 2015). 

New Post 1/5/2018 2:03 AM
User is offline Atif 01
4 posts
No Ranking

I think its an excellent initiative by Project Management Institute. I highly recommend business analysts to go for this certification. It will be a great benefit for your career. 

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  ModernAnalyst.c...  Community & Por...  PMI Announces its BA Certification

Community Blog - Latest Posts

m_anst
m_anst
What Does Success Look Like? I challenge Business Analysts to view requestors’ requirements as an opportunity to define success. Too often, teams fall into a trap focused on requestors’ prescriptive requirements that are meant to serve as roadmaps for developers and testers. When you limit your view of requirements to this prescripti...
0 Responses
Mariya Kotsupalova
Mariya Kotsupalova
They say the best criteria of Business Analyst’s success are a happy customer (business) and a happy engineering team. But what does it mean? How can we break down happiness and measure it? These are precisely the questions my 8 BAs team and I tried to answer this year. The result was a surprisingly efficient pair of surveys we developed and ...
0 Responses
Rajesh-N
Rajesh-N
Explore the Benefits of RPA's Adoption Across Segments In the past few years, we have seen steady growth in Robotic Process Automation (RPA). It gathered momentum in 2019 and became a hot topic in IT and business circuits in 2020. The power of process automation will be felt even more strongly, propelling its adoption as a replacement f...
0 Responses

Copyright 2006-2020 by Modern Analyst Media LLC