Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Software for An...  What types of software tools do you use?
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 2/17/2020 2:56 AM
User is offline Ivanca
1 posts
No Ranking

Re: What types of software tools do you use? 
Modified By Chris Adams  on 2/17/2020 12:24:56 PM)

Hi as you are looking into tools to help BAs, I am a PhD researcher and we are currently working on a tool which can transform textual notes to real-time BPMN processes. We call it the BPMN Sketch Miner (https://www.bpmn-sketch-miner.ai/), and we hope it can help BAs to quickly sketch visual diagrams of the process while they are discussing it with the client in the requirements elicitation phase. As we are still developing the tool, we are eager for feedback from BAs so that we can make the tool as useful as possible for them. If you have 10-15 min we would highly appreciate your feedback (it is a short survey of 4 pages to evaluate existing features, vote on new features and share the thoughts on the usability of the tool). Feel free to share the tool and the survey with whoever might be interested! (https://www.bpmn-sketch-miner.ai/feedback/feature-eval.html) 

New Post 8/3/2020 9:39 AM
User is offline 1935Albert
1 posts
No Ranking

Re: What types of software tools do you use? 
Modified By Chris Adams  on 8/3/2020 11:42:15 AM)

Some basic software; I use MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for documentation and some data; MS Visio for modeling diagrams, Adobe DX for mockups, Evernote for notes (school habit), Trello, and Worktime for team management, and Jira. I also found this article https:/www.guru99.com / business-analyst-tools.html, and I'm particularly interested in giving Wrike a try just to consolidate most of the information in one app. Anyone here ever used it before?

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Business and Sy...  Software for An...  What types of software tools do you use?

Community Blog - Latest Posts

m_anst
m_anst
What Does Success Look Like? I challenge Business Analysts to view requestors’ requirements as an opportunity to define success. Too often, teams fall into a trap focused on requestors’ prescriptive requirements that are meant to serve as roadmaps for developers and testers. When you limit your view of requirements to this prescripti...
0 Responses
Mariya Kotsupalova
Mariya Kotsupalova
They say the best criteria of Business Analyst’s success are a happy customer (business) and a happy engineering team. But what does it mean? How can we break down happiness and measure it? These are precisely the questions my 8 BAs team and I tried to answer this year. The result was a surprisingly efficient pair of surveys we developed and ...
0 Responses
Rajesh-N
Rajesh-N
Explore the Benefits of RPA's Adoption Across Segments In the past few years, we have seen steady growth in Robotic Process Automation (RPA). It gathered momentum in 2019 and became a hot topic in IT and business circuits in 2020. The power of process automation will be felt even more strongly, propelling its adoption as a replacement f...
0 Responses

Copyright 2006-2020 by Modern Analyst Media LLC