Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Careers  Ask a Recruiter...  Student looking for opinions on postgrad options
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 1/23/2017 7:22 PM
User is offline annaml
1 posts
No Ranking

Student looking for opinions on postgrad options 

I have applied for a few M.S. Business Analytics programs. My top choices are Southern Methodist University (to which I've already been accepted), Imperial College London, and University College London. Aside from reviewing the programs (all excellent), I'm also considering what it would mean going to a U.K. school over a U.S. school. Though it is consistently ranked in the top 10 schools globally and has renowned STEM programs, many people here in the United States have never heard of Imperial College. It's basically the MIT of England and attending would be similar to attending a U.S. Ivy, but it has practically no brand recognition here. So, how important is brand over quality? Do you think going with one of my London options would hurt my prospects should I end up coming back to work in the U.S.? 

I know in the end the decision boils down to what I want with my education, but I'd greatly appreciate the opinions.

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  Careers  Ask a Recruiter...  Student looking for opinions on postgrad options

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Pjbussol
Pjbussol
  TRUST IN CONFLICT - THE HEALTHY WAY TO PICK A FIGHT!     Perched on top of the Royal Liver Building in Liverpool, the city I grew up in, is a very special couple; married for over 100 years and standing 18ft tall the legendary Liver Birds, Bella and Bertie have unflinchingly protected the city and her people since 1911. Bel...
2 Responses
Arash
Arash
Let me start by saying that a business rule is far more granular than a business decision, and that the two should never be confused. Today, it is an unfortunate fact that some vendors would have potential clients believe that there is synergy between business rules and business decisions. Perhaps this is because in an effort to differentiate one b...
0 Responses
LN Mishra, CBAP
LN Mishra, CBAP
Traceability is one of the lesser understood aspects of business analysis. It is indeed quite hard to maintain good traceability unless automated. This is why BABoK® warns us being theoretical about traceability. In this article, I would like to explain traceability concepts with help of an example. BABoK® definition of traceability: ...
4 Responses

Latest Articles

Doctor BA Answers an Old Question:  how the BA profession came into being
Jul 22, 2018
1 Comments
I wanted to get to the bottom of things once and for all. We had been having several discussions about the birth of business analysis and how the prof...
Featured Digital Library Resources 
Copyright 2006-2018 by Modern Analyst Media LLC