Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  Careers  Ask a Recruiter...  Student looking for opinions on postgrad options
Previous Previous

Next Disabled
New Post 1/23/2017 8:22 PM
User is offline annaml
1 posts
No Ranking

Student looking for opinions on postgrad options 

I have applied for a few M.S. Business Analytics programs. My top choices are Southern Methodist University (to which I've already been accepted), Imperial College London, and University College London. Aside from reviewing the programs (all excellent), I'm also considering what it would mean going to a U.K. school over a U.S. school. Though it is consistently ranked in the top 10 schools globally and has renowned STEM programs, many people here in the United States have never heard of Imperial College. It's basically the MIT of England and attending would be similar to attending a U.S. Ivy, but it has practically no brand recognition here. So, how important is brand over quality? Do you think going with one of my London options would hurt my prospects should I end up coming back to work in the U.S.? 

I know in the end the decision boils down to what I want with my education, but I'd greatly appreciate the opinions.

Previous Previous

Next Disabled
  Modern Analyst Forums  Careers  Ask a Recruiter...  Student looking for opinions on postgrad options

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Edward
Edward
A few weeks ago, one of my colleagues surprised me with a statement he made during our team meeting that the information technology age is coming to an end. I looked at him in complete disbelief. How can the advances that have brought so much convenience to our lives be said to be coming to an end.  I thought he must be mistaken, and just like...
0 Responses
Chileshe Mulenga CBAP PMP
Chileshe Mulenga CBAP PMP
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY The Business Analyst and Project Manager are team players on a project. As is common the Business Analyst and Project Manager sometimes have conflicting approaches during a project. Having frequently taken up dual roles of a project manager and Business analyst during the course of my career, I have gained some insight on the d...
0 Responses
Paul Crosby
Paul Crosby
There are hundreds of traits that make up a good manager, but here are the top 9 skills we recommend for a business analysis leader - or any leader in general. 1. See Design as a Differentiator Anyone can design but not everyone designs well.  Who cares?  Frustrated users care.  Seeing design as important sets you apart from all ot...
2 Responses

Featured Digital Library Resources 
Copyright 2006-2015 by Modern Analyst Media LLC