Forums for the Business Analyst

Modern Analyst Forums  ModernAnalyst.c...  Community & Por...  PMI Announces its BA Certification
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 4/21/2014 2:41 PM
User is offline Jscott
3 posts
No Ranking

Re: PMI Announces its BA Certification 

A lot of companies don't yet understand the concept of the business analyst and/or how BAs can benefit an organization when rolled out properly (I say this based on the numerious BA position postings).  If the BA communitiy is ever going to be taken more seriously in our own right, then we require a solid unified professional front.  PMI is synomous with PMs.  IIBA is synomous with BAs.  This is very confusing and a little fusterating.

New Post 4/30/2014 8:34 PM
User is offline Mike
1 posts
No Ranking

Modified By Chris Adams  on 5/1/2014 10:58:33 AM)

In case it helps to clarify, PMI has a “Knowledge Center of Excellence” web site.  They also have plans for a business analysis practice guide (coming later in 2014), and a new requirements management practice standard (coming in 2015). 

New Post 1/5/2018 3:03 AM
User is offline Atif 01
4 posts
No Ranking

I think its an excellent initiative by Project Management Institute. I highly recommend business analysts to go for this certification. It will be a great benefit for your career. 

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Modern Analyst Forums  ModernAnalyst.c...  Community & Por...  PMI Announces its BA Certification

Community Blog - Latest Posts

Limor Wainstein
Limor Wainstein
Business analysts typically gather and interpret data from many areas within an organization, finding solutions to business problems and improving business processes with all that data. A business analyst may measure and improve on such disparate things as warehouse efficiency and cloud software implementation. A marketing analyst, on the other...
2 Responses
EA Learning
EA Learning
My current, favourite question for Executives and Architects is “How do you see Architecture operating in an Agile environment.” This question usually elicits a wry smile and a response along the lines of “I will need to get back to you on that!” Many people are wondering how Architecture will fair in the world of Agile. My ...
0 Responses
Limor Wainstein
Limor Wainstein
The age of cloud computing is now so firmly established that research firm Gartner predicted by 2020, a corporate "no-cloud" policy will be as rare as a "no-internet" policy is today. In the same press release, Gartner went on to predict that spending on compute power sold by cloud providers will exceed that of compute power sold and deployed into ...
0 Responses

Upcoming Live Webinars

Latest Articles

5 Business Analysis Trends to Watch in 2018
Jan 14, 2018
0 Comments
Given the speed of change, it is really tricky to predict what trends will grow in popularity or relevance. I am sure whatever emerges will seem obvio...
Featured Digital Library Resources 
Copyright 2006-2015 by Modern Analyst Media LLC