Business Systems Analyst
$60,552 - $90,055 annually
St. Paul, MN
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
MNsure is seeking to fill a Business Systems Analyst position. This is a temporary unclassified position that will be part of MNsure's Individual Market Eligibility and Enrollment (IMEE) Division. The IMEE Division manages eligibility and enrollment policy, business system design and operational procedures development for Individual Market programs.
The IMEE Business Systems Analyst works closely with MNsure, DHS, MN.IT and vendor staff to provide solutions for improving and enhancing business system functionality and operational processes by analyzing and developing system requirements, providing policy and system expertise in developing system design and recommending system controls and protocols for MNsure. This position leads activities across business policy, system and operational business areas to ensure IMEE programs comply with state and federal requirements.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Policy, Information Technology or other related field.
• At least four (4) years of advanced professional experience leading project teams which must include experience providing business analysis and design for large, complex information technology or policy systems. (A bachelor's degree in a related field may substitute for 1 year of experience OR an advanced degree - Master's, JD, PhD, etc. in a related field may substitute for 18 months of experience.)
• Strong administrative, organizational, and business analysis skills, including time and priority management, sufficient to work on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment within deadlines.
• Ability to identify and evaluate information/data, conceptualize alternative solutions to complex issues, and convey information to diverse audiences.
• Advanced-level use of MS Office products to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel and Outlook.
• Master's degree in Business, Policy, Information Technology or other related field and/or Certification from the International Institute of Business Analysts (or equivalent certification).
• Experience using business process modeling software or case methodology.
• Experience working with MS Visio, Crystal Reports, MSSQL Express, and MS Dynamics.
• Experience assessing implications of health care reforms at federal and state levels as it relates to business operations and information systems.
• Experience providing business analysis and business design development for complex business projects.
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested candidates must officially apply online through the State of Minnesota Careers website.
1. Go to www.mn.gov/careers.
2. Under External Applicants, click the “Get Started” button
3. Enter 11641 in Keywords on the Job Search Page
4. Click on the Job Posting
5. Click on Apply on the bottom of the vacancy announcement on the Job Posting Page
(NOTE: the state job classification for this position is Planning Director State)
For assistance with this process, contact the Website Helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the posting closes at MIDNIGHT on Monday, March 13th, 2017
Business Process Management (BPM)|Process Flow Diagrams
No Additional skills required for this job.
Health Insurance|Dental Insurance|Life Insurance|401(k)